This was a little experiment to see if my fireplace would get hot enough to fire a ceramic bowl.
the clay is just standard white plainsman sea mix clay that we got on sale at greenbarn pottery supply (link)
The pot seems to be bisqued, in that it isn’t soluble anymore but the clay is still permeable to water. I made the designs on the outside by burning wood chips next to the red hot pot as it cooled and the black splotches were made by melting feathers onto the outside of the pot.
It was the first try and there was a little explosion on the bottom of the piece. oh well it’s alright.. it adds character.
Thanks for looking!